Medical AssistantHome»Medical Assistant
MEDICAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM (MA013)
Medical Assistant ( MA ) Program is a 900-hour intense training opportunity for those who wish to become a Medical Assistant. The program will take 9 months to complete. The Medical Assisting Program will prepare students to become entry-level Medical Assistants by achieving a level of knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to provide quality care and safety to the patients. The Medical Assisting program will prepare students to be multi-skilled allied health professionals specifically trained in administrative, laboratory and clinical procedures.
Units of Study:
|Human Anatomy and Physiology||90 Hours|
|Medical Law and Ethics||30 Hours|
|Medical Terminology, Disease and Treatment||90 Hours|
|Clinical Skill Lab I||90 Hours|
|Electronic Health Records & Keyboarding||90 Hours|
|Medical Office Procedures||90 Hours|
|Coding, Insurance Billing and Reimbursement||90 Hours|
|Clinical Skill Lab II|
|Medical Assistant Professional Development||21 Hours|
|Clinical Skill Lab III||84 Hours|
|Medical Assistant Externship||180 Hours|
Educational Program Objectives:
Upon completion of the program, the graduate medical assistant will demonstrate the following entry level competencies:
- Understand the school’s philosophy that caring comes before curing.
- Understand the legal and ethical considerations for the Medical Assistant, as well as the OSHA guidelines for both administrative and/or clinical settings.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication with patients, families and healthcare team members.
- Display knowledge of appropriate conflict management skills in order to resolve conflicts.
- Display knowledge of effectively maintaining patient medical records, complete medical insurance forms, answer correspondence, properly process mail, schedule appointments, use proper telephone techniques, greet and interview patients, and process office accounts.
- Demonstrate values, attitudes, and personal qualities reflecting a commitment to respect, human dignity, and individual rights.
- Perform all Medical Assistant functions within a safe, legal and ethical parameters.
- Students will have educational and knowledge necessary to pass Registered Medical Assistant exam, and Certified Clinical Medical Assistant exam . Under the pilot program students will be eligible to sit for the Certified Medical Assistant Exam until August 2022.
- Students will satisfactorily complete their Medical Assistant education.
- Students will obtain the Medical Assistant education and skills to be effectively prepared for their role as healthcare providers.
- Utilize critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills necessary to obtain entry-level Medical Assistant positions in a number of medical settings, including doctors’ offices, clinics, and hospitals.