Admission Requirements for the Practical Nursing Education Program
- All applicants must pass Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) test to be accepted in the
Practical NurseEducation Program. Applicants are allowed one re-take of the exam if they did not pass the first time.
- All applicants upon passing the entrance exam must successfully meet the criterion during an interview with the Program Director/ Administrator.
- All Applicants must
completethe registrationform. Applicant is responsible for a $100.00 registration fee. The registration fee is fully refundable if the student requests cancellation within 5 calendar days after submitting the application. If the student leaves the program or decides not to attend for any reason, in order to return to the Practical Nurse Education Program, student will be charged $100.00 registration fee to hold their place on the next class roster.
- All applicant must submit proof of a GED or high school equivalency.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All applicants must pass criminal background screening.
- All applicants must complete satisfactory drug screening and completion of ALL required health screening and immunizations.
- All applicants must submit copy of current Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Professional certification card.
- If applicant is not a citizen of the U.S., the applicant must submit a copy of their Resident Alien card.
Admission Requirements for the Nurse Aide Training Program:
1. Applicant must complete the registration form and pay $25.00 registration fee.
2. Applicant must obtain a physical exam prior to registering for the Nurse Aide Training Program. The physical exam form must be signed by a physician or certified registered nurse practitioner, or physician’s assistant. The physical exam form must include the following information:
a. be dated within one year of admission to the program
b. include affirmation that the student is free of communicable diseases
c. include documentation of a negative 2-step Mantoux or negative Quantiferon TB Gold test. A negative chest x-ray must be submitted if a student’s test results are positive. The chest x-ray may not be older than five years.
e. must include verification of eligibility to perform the duties of the nurse aide; (the occupational responsibilities of the candidate may involve having full use of their hands, the ability to stand for extensive periods of time, and the ability to perform bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting a minimum of 40 pounds without restrictions.)
3. Applicants must submit proof of GED or high school equivalency.
4. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
5. Applicant will be required to submit to a urine drug screening test after initial application to the program; they will be directed to a specific lab by the school representative. The result of this test must be negative in order for the student to be accepted into the Nurse Aide Training Program.
6. Each candidate needs an understanding of basic math, and reading/ writing skills in English. All applicants are required to take an entrance test. Minimum score required to be accepted in the Nurse Aide Training Program is eighth grade level in each subject on TABE D test, (Reading, and Language).
EXCEPTION to this requirement: Any student who successfully completed an interview and was hired by a long term care facility, who has a contract with Falcon Institute of Health and Science to train their employees, will not be required to take TABE D test if that facility is paying for their program.
7. All applicants must complete the Verification of Pennsylvania Residency Form. The Verification of PA Residency form must be thoroughly and accurately completed prior to the start of the class.
8. All Applicant must sign the Attestation of Compliance with Act 14. The applicant must also check the box stating they have not been convicted of any prohibitive offenses, which is toward the bottom of the Verification of PA Residency form.
9. Applicants who have resided in Pennsylvania for the last two years must submit a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Record Information report. In order to be accepted in the program Criminal History Record Information must be free of prohibitive offenses as mentioned in Nurse Aide Resident Abuse Prevention Training Act 14.
10. Applicants who have resided in PA for less than two (2) full years prior to the date of application or who reside in state other than PA must complete and submit an FBI clearance report before registering for the program.
- FBI requests must be processed through PA Department of Education. IDEMIA website at https://uenroll.identogo.com/. Pre-enrollment can be completed online or via telephone at 844-321-2101, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
- When registering online, an applicant must use the appropriate agency specific Service Code, 1KG6NX, to ensure fingerprints are processed for the correct agency.
- The student will receive a letter of eligibility from the PA Department of Education to enroll in a nurse aide class. This letter must be submitted prior to the first day of class.
11. If applicant is not a citizen of the U.S., the applicant must submit a copy of their Resident Alien card (green card) at the time of registration.